Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tea Room and Gift Shop of Inveraray Castle


8-12-15

Downton Abbey cast
displayed on the walls
of the tea room




We drove to the castle before going to our room. Of course they have a gift shop that contains everything you could imagine for a tourist to buy. I had decided before I came to Scotland that shortbread would be the perfect souvenir. There before my eyes were a variety of shortbreads in a variety of packaging. It was quite satisfying to take care of most of my souvenir shopping in one place. The gift shop and the tea room were all located in the basement. So after stocking up on souvenirs (mine were mostly shortbread) we visited the tea room. Why is it tea and scones taste better in Scotland and in a castle? These scones were soft (some are hard) and with clotted cream, and raspberry spread over them–well, let's just say I felt very Scottish as I munched.

                                                                                           

You have to walk down the steps
to get to the basement. You see it
under the walkway to the first floor.







 
A book signed by the current Duke of Argyll which is sold in the gift shop. I knew I  couldn't remember all the things I saw and heard about in the tour we were going to take the next day, so buying this book seemed the right thing to do. 
                                                      
                                                         
                                                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment