Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I am so glad we had this time together!

8-24-15 Monday morning

   After breakfast and a round of picture taking, Marcus arrived to take us to his house. The plan was to leave for the airport after bidding farewell to the Wadsworth's, Marcus and his family.
The Wadsworth's and Benny

Marcus, Dorothy, & Kate
   When it came time to say our final farewells, my heart certainly wasn't in it. I left our new friends, who felt like old friends, accepting the reality that all good things at some point have to end. But I left part of my heart there, especially in Larkhall. Sam and Francis will be our forever friends!
Sam, Francis, and Sarah

   It takes about an hour to drive from Larkhall to Edinburgh! Driving through the countryside I tried to  absorb all the beauty of Scotland that I could. The logistics of our plan was to turn in the van to Enterprise, pick up the luggage they so graciously had kept for us, then get a taxi to take us to the airport. 

Belted in and on our way!

Countryside!

My photos don't do Scotland justice!

Highway signs!

This country gal is partial to a hayfield!

Impressive mountain !

Roscoe travels so well!

I don't see how Bobby drove on the wrong side of the road but he did beautifully.

Maridith knows how to stay focused!

Bob did a good bit of front seat driving & navigating !

I just enjoyed every minute!

Almost at the airport!

 All that was left to do was to say goodbye to each other. Or so I thought! My last moments in Scotland would prove to be more unforgettable than I could have imagined. Tell you all about it next post!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment